The University of Texas at Austin is a bold, ambitious leader. Ranked among the biggest and best research universities in the country, UT Austin is home to more than 51,000 students and 3,000 teaching faculty. Our core purpose is to transform lives for the benefit of society. We are committed to support the university’s research, education, and service mission.
Our Information Technology Services (ITS) environment is complex, diverse, and transforming. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
Want to learn more before looking at our current postings? Here is some of what we offer:
- Quality of Life
- Flexible schedule
- Limited travel (if any)
- Full-time means a 40 hours (not 80)
- Work Environment
- Training and professional development opportunities, for both individual and team growth
- Co-workers with varied backgrounds, disciplines and cultures
- Opportunity to be active contributors to the university’s research, education and health care missions
- Some of the Benefits:
- Paid health insurance
- Defined benefits retirement plan, and voluntary contribution plans (403b and 457)
- Paid time off with carryover: vacation, holidays and sick
- Compensatory time (for any FLSA exempt over 40 hours/week)
- Free use of the Capital Metro Bus and Rail System
- Access to 17 UT Austin libraries, the Blanton Museum of Art, the Harry Ransom Center, and more!
- Health and wellness programs and recreational sports memberships
- Discounts for university events (Intercollegiate athletics, performing arts, etc.)
Student Employee Positions
ITS is also a great place for students to find a part-time, on-campus job where they can develop customer service skills, help support the university mission, and get real professional experience. Student employee positions with ITS are often a stop along the path to a rewarding full-time information technology position at the university. Just to give you an idea of the possibilities that await, our current Director of Networking, Chief Information Security Officer, as well as a range of other staff titles in Applications, Networking, Systems, Customer Support Services, and the Information Security Office, all started out at the ITS Service Desk as student employees.
* Student employee positions are non-benefits earning, but you can earn yourself some state service credit!