Information Technology Services (ITS) is responsible for the provision of the core information technology infrastructure and coordination of campus-wide information technology at The University of Texas at Austin.
ITS works with the Information Technology Leadership Council (ITLC) and collaborates with IT service units across campus in support of our core mission to be more effective, efficient, and achieve operational excellence.
Led by Sandra Germenis, Information Technology Services:
- Shares executive responsibility for the Office of Telecommunication Services (OTS) with UT System.
- Partners with the Information Security Office (ISO) to assure the security of the university's information technology resources and the existence of a safe computing environment in which the university community can teach, learn, and conduct research.
- Works closely with the Provost, faculty, and university leadership regarding implementation of IT initiatives.
- Provides leadership and fosters collaboration among various IT leaders across campus.
The 2021-2022 year saw our university make major strides in becoming cloud-first and adopting world class enterprise and security technologies, in addition to providing superior customer support and up-times exceeding our service level agreements.
Our teams have worked hard to provide excellent service and transformative technologies.
Thank you for a great year!
To be a trusted partner and best value service provider for foundational IT services at UT Austin.
We support the university’s mission of education, research, and public service by providing centralized IT services in a strategic, connected, and transformative way. ITS enables UT to adapt, compete, innovate, and thrive well into the future and focus on mission-enabling endeavors.
Information and Technology Principles
1. Maximize efficiencies and effectiveness by sustaining and evolving existing services and reducing redundant services.
2. Invest wisely and appropriately in university-wide transformative technology change.
3. Reduce risks by anticipating adverse challenges in our IT environment.
4. Provide value by delivering exceptional services, using data, analytics, and stakeholder engagement as our guide.
People and Culture Principles
5. The university’s mission guides everything we do.
6. We provide employees with opportunities to learn and grow.
7. We improve the community experience by engaging campus and each other.
8. We value all employee well-being and work-life balance.